CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 7 November 2011

Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie

Welcome to my first review on Bookliss! This book was actually published a few years ago, but I wanted to share with you all a book that has never lost it's charm. I am sure lots of you have read or heard of Sophie McKenzie, but those of you haven't, you are really missing out! I actually wrote this review a while ago too, but my feelings still remain the same...

Synopsis:

Lauren has always known she was adopted but when a little research turns up the possibility that she was snatched from an American family as a baby, suddenly Lauren's life seems like a sham. How can she find her biological parents? And are her adoptive parents really responsible for kidnapping her? She manages to wangle a trip across the Atlantic where she runs away to try and find the truth. But the circumstances of her disappearance are murky and Lauren's kidnappers are still at large and willing to do anything to keep her silent...

Review

Wow. Just simply....wow! Girl, Missing is probably one of my favourite reads ever! I could read it again and again and it would still be No. 1. Well done Sophie, you should be proud. It is a proper page-turner which will capture readers old and new.

This novel is about Lauren, an adopted girl who feels lost and unloved. She is determined to find out the truth about her, but does the truth lead to danger?
One day Lauren finds a missing children website and is bored. She types her name into the search box and a girl named Martha Lauren Purditt pops up off the screen. She begins to wonder after traces of evidence...is this her?

Straight away McKenzie gets your attention. The opening line reads 'Who am I?', and it is impossible not to read on.

During the book you are never bored. Something happens in every chapter that leaves you hanging. Everything was just brilliant about this story; the characters, storyline...everything! My only complaint is that the cover is not very appealing. I can't tell you too much without spoiling the story, so you might as well read it!

I recommend this for everyone. Even though the story is seen through the eyes of a girl, this novel is definitely worth reading for both genders. My favourite character was Jam. He stuck by Lauren, even when she was being slightly selfish at times. I particularly loved the romance, it was perfect.

I am definitely interested in more of Sophie's books, especially the sequel to this coming out soon! Sister, Missing will be published in the autumn and I have pre-ordered it. I LOVED this book - read it now!!
EDIT: Since I wrote this 5/4/11, I have already read the sequel and enjoyed it just as much!


RATE: 5/5

To buy this book click HERE (if not, well...why not?).

Thanks for reaching the end of my review! I hope you come back to read more of mine! ;-)

Zoe xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and make our day!