CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 30 November 2011

The hunger games

This is a review I posted on my blog a couple of months ago, I just loved this book so I had to share it with you!...




I keep on going on about about how brilliant the Hunger games was, so I thought it was about time I actually told you about it!.......
The Hunger Games


Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place.  Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called the Hunger Games.  There is only one rule: kill or be killed.
When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister’s place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence.  But Katniss has been close to death before.  For here, survival is second nature.

                                                My Review
I'v never read a book like this in my whole life. Im not normally into thriller adventure books and even though the synopsis sounded amazing, it wasn't my usual type of book. I began reading and was completely mesmerised by this book from the first word I read to the last word I read. The scary thing is, the author set the book in the near future, and it had me thinking, is this what our future could be like?! 

It was one of those books were you have NO CLUE how the author came up with such gripping, awesome ideas. I would describe this book as scary and thrilling and,..... romantic. The author weaves in all these genres into one book, which makes it even more brilliant. I would also maybe describe this book as realistic. Even though this story isn't true and as you can tell from the synopsis, this wont happen tomorrow, but it makes you believe it COULD happen, and lots of scenes from the book are realistic.

In this story, the Capitol (The government)  completely rule over the whole of america (were this book is based) They divided it into 12 districts and force people, from the age of only twelve, to compete in  a deadly game live on TV, Just to make people remember that they are the ones in control. 

You can tell that this book is defiantly an amazing scary thriller, but you must be thinking, "why did she say this book was romantic?" Well, actually the whole is based on a on-going romance. Gale, is a boy who grew up with Katniss (the main charactar) , they both share there love for hunting and the outdoors world. Like Katniss, his family is poor and has been left fatherless from a mine explosion. You would think that there perfect for each other but... (I'll stop there because If I keep describing the relationship between Gale and Katniss, im sure I will end up ruining the book for you!)

Then of course... there's Peeta. The mysterious boy who is not a main charactar until the actual games (the hunger games) start. Him and Katniss are the two people are chosen to fight in the games. Before the games, Peeta shows a random act of kindness by giving her a loaf of bread (not all people could afford bread in the village Katniss lived in, and Katniss was quite poor) A romance unfolds when in the hunger games arena, but there's a catch....

Only one person can win the Hunger games. They could end up killing each other.

It was one of my favourite books of all time and I dont want to reveal any more but I'll say this: The 2nd book had a LOT to live up to!!

10/10

10+




EDIT: SORRY FOR THE BLUE HIGHLIGHT ON THE REVIEW. 


Happy reading! 

Beth :)

1 comments:

Lalaine

Hah! I havent seen any review who didnt love this book! and since you enjoyed it too cheers to that! yay. this is one of my fave too. youll enjoy the second book. great review.

♥Ficbookreviews♥

Post a Comment

Comment and make our day!